A visit in Olympus service center facility c/o Red Dot Philippines

2012-03-15 04-41-06-240
I'm glad that I checked the OlyClub forum last week, I joined them in a tour and visit inside Olympus service center facility here in Manila, thanks to Red Dot Philippines, official distributor for Olympus camera and OlyClub Ph, Olympus camera club in the Philippines, for organizing the tour for us club members and also Oly users. I arrived late yesterday and miss some of the discussions with Mr. Yuji Hato, CRM Department, Olympus Japan, I heard that the facility will be soon a topnotch service warranty for point-and-shot, PEN and DSLR units in the country.

What did I learned from yesterday?

The Olympus service center, managed by Red Dot Philippines  is located at
9th floor CU-Unjieng Center, Dasmarinas cor Quintin Paredes St., Binondo, Manila
TEL NUMBER:
516-4428

you can view the map here going to that building in Binondo

Update:
Accdg: to our reader... Red Dot Philippines already moved to a new address. they are now located at
1817 España Blvd., corner Prudencio St., Sampaloc, Manila, 1008 Philippines
Tel :632-708-9282
Fax :632-522-7079


I also found details here via http://asia.olympus-global.com/support/distributor/index.cfm?sehin_category_id=2



Take note: My blog and this blog post is not connected or affiliated with Olympus and Red Dot Philippines
I'm just one of their customer and I'm here to share my experience tru blogging it.

Waterproof Oly digicams that were water damaged are hard to repair, it can be repaired but the parts will be expensive, most advice is to buy a new one or avoid opening the battery cap of your waterproof Oly digicams when you are dipped in a body of water.

Obsolete and very old cameras are hard to fix, because the parts are no longer available, but they suggest that you bring the camera to their office for them to check it and diagnose the defect.

I inquired about the defect that I encountered on my Olympus E520 dslr, its a 5 year old camera under my hands and it shows already some tech error, I told them that the dialog switch might be loose, because whenever I switched to Manual, then the screen will display that I'm in the scene mode. Then Mr. Hato checked my dslr and he told me that there might be dust under the dialog switch that blocks the sensor of the switch, so it needs cleaning...   When I heard that, I felt a stick was pulled out of my chest, I'm glad that my Olympus dslr is not defective. After the talk, I let the service center take care of my camera and stay there for 3 days for proper cleaning, its a 5 year old camera and it never experience some cleaning because I'm looking for the right service center for my camera and I'm glad that Red Dot Philippines is here to service us Oly users. The diagnostic personel told me that my camera will be okay after 1 week, I told them if its possible to claim it tomorrow, she told me that it will be available by Friday night, and then I told her that I'll claim my camera on Saturday morning, so that I can cover the pyromusical happening in SM MOA. Im glad Red Dot Philippines helped me fix my camera problems.

Its weird that I'm living in a day with out a dslr hahahh

At the service center facility, we were allowed to check the room and see their tech guys revive lots of Oly cameras, we were advised that we should not take photos because their repair gadgets are confidential. All of us Olyclub members stayed in the room for awhile and checked how their tech guys work, each tech person have its own space and all of them are wearing those finger gloves, I saw that they repair lots of digicams and also video cams.

I'm excited that Olympus is reigning the waves again! especially with the new release of EM-5 camera, everyone want to own already, and I want one too! but I need to convert first and own a Pen camera and embrace mirco 4/3 glory! oh yeah!!

here are some pics taken by my LG optimus black (yeah obvious that my dslr is not with me hahha)

2012-03-15 04-49-39-419
Olyclub member Jaime shows his photo prints to Mr. Hato

2012-03-15 04-50-15-256
Jaimes uses his Pen 3 in taking photos in RAW, and wow! the details are so alive!

2012-03-15 05-12-23-887
Erich Gonzales is the celebrity endorser for Olympus!  astig!

2012-03-15 05-24-06-796
Red Dot Philippines at the 9th floor

2012-03-15 05-40-44-926
That's the building! right after the Chinese arc and Savory

C360_2012-03-15-17-51-37
HDR effect on my LG Optimus Black


C360_2012-03-15-18-00-31
infront of this sign. I'm waiting for my bus ride going home



The comments provided below by my blog readers are theirs alone and does not reflect the views and opinions of the blog author.