What's up Multiply.com! (looking at your new features)



Everyone started and becomes a user in Multiply.com after Friendster.com and even before Facebook.com, Multiply.com make us understand how social media is important as a key player in business and self promotion. I became a heavy user of Multiply after I discover it back in the year 2005, I landed in Multiply.com after searching for the most reliable and dependable online photo storage. I logged in and uploaded my 1st photo album there. The fun part here is the real time communication via comments are starting to trend in Multiply blogs and Pms.

Multiply became my main photo storage to be shared easily to my friends and it is my top online sharing platform after Yahoo! Photos, but now after the years go by, Multiply.com is changing and evolving, adding new feature and still being the most busiest site even that Facebook eats everyone's internet usage. (READ MORE NEWS BELOW)

I discovered this new feature after logging in back to Multiply.com to check out some photos of ToyCon 2011, I usually surf there to check out people's uploaded photos taken in our event, I was surprised to see that there's a Market Place menu and search bar and images of items posted in the log in page of Multiply.com, at first I thought I landed on the wrong site but then I noticed that I am still at Multiply.com

Its a big surprise for me that Multiply.com is changing and evolving, I know that they are supporting our online users that became online sellers to business persons to entrepreneurs, its a big turn around for the users that Multiply.com went back to give support and provide the needs of their users. I got in touch with people from Multiply.com Philippines and I didn't know that they are expanding and setting up the big fireworks to carry the social media hub for Pinoys that is now operated by our fellow pinoys. But they also stated that Ecommerce thing is just new and will stay and they will continue to support our users as a social media site. (great thing! because last time I got jealous for awhile when they didn't notice us loyal users)

Multiply - Marketplace_1309244159960
Multiply log in page

Multiply - Marketplace Listings_1309244222189
The Market Place

Also a big news came to me that Multiply.com already bought Sulit.com.ph , Its a big whoa for me to know that and now I'm looking at an angle how and why they bought it and for how much, but it means that the fireworks has just begun and it will grow more. Now I'm super inspired to have my own start up company. (smiles)

Correction: I was informed that Multiply didn't bought Sulit, and they belong to the same mother company called MIH.

Multiply.com now have 5,300,000 members, 84,000 online stores, and having more - 25,000 new seller registration per month, and generating a 1,600,00 transaction per month. We know that learning the serious part in social media started here, understanding on how to use the blog, the upload of photos and videos, and sharing the media files to our friends and co-networks, but now the learning goes beyond and make us entrepreneurs or shall I say Pinoy Multiply-preneurs, I see some of my friends are doing well in having their own online site using Multiply.

With the new focus of Multiply.com in E-commerce, they upgraded some features and showed to us that they are concerned and want to help us grow, Multiply.com is a good start if you want to jump in a business, a much reliable online sharing site and now an Ecommerce site.

So what's the new buzz for their ecommerce side?
Payment system and buyer-seller protection was provided by Multiply.com in partnered with BPI, Banco de Oro, Paypal and Globe Gcash, I also heard they will be adding more wireless payment services and credit card payment is already a go, for this the buyer will be protected form bogus sellers, Because Multiply will be doing the chores for you and secure your payment, they will pay the seller if ever they confirmed that the buyer receives the item, and of course there will be a charge of around 3% per transaction (will verify this), and I know that's not too big for the seller.

Delivery service will be provided by Multiply.com for the seller, Xend is in partner with Multiply, and they will pick up the item from the seller and ship it right away to the buyer. Or if the seller wants to use their own delivery service, all they have to do is mention this to Multiply and select their own courier provider.

The awesome part of the Multiply Ecommerce system is the shopping cart, all members in Multiply.com will have this Shopping Cart tab above their page, this will give you an easy online shopping experience for buyers and also an easy ecommerce program and platform for beginners in the online business, you can buy more and have a secured shopping with Multiply.com

That's the cool news from Multiply.com and because of that new upgrade...I'm going back to Multiply.com and start to build my own Online shopping site( seryoso!) check my page at http://buymytoys.multiply.com/ I created this last January 2009, but I closed it down due to my busy sched. But I might resurrect it soon.

Welcome back Multiply! and great to see you that you are here for us again! I'm excited for July 7.