Transformers : Dark of the Moon - movie review


I posted this status message in all my network because I'm so happy and satisfied on the 3rd installment of the Transformers movie, I posted it while waiting for that epilogue after the end credits, but there's no special scenes for the movie. All I can say is that Michael Bay and his team did the right way in telling a story to end this trilogy. I still have lots of complains on Rosie's acting, but never mind the acting, the more important thing is she's sexy and hotter than Megan Fox, I love that intro of Rosie Huntington-Whitely on the 1st part of the movie, looks like a big red carpet for her to the movie and show that this Victor Secret model will wow your eyes. (More below)

Going back to the main story about the Autobots and the Decepticons, the war never ended and it still continues, there's a back side story about them and I suggest that you grab the 3 prequel story published in comic books by IDW Publishing, but I suggest that if you are really into hard core Cybertronian history and its okay if you don't want to know the whole story, but I enjoyed everything after reading the prequel story and accept that Optimus and Megatron are really brothers in Cybertron and this Sentinel Prime gave hope to their world and also will play a big part for this 3rd movie.


I don't know why they dropped some of the old robot characters, I've been searching for other characters like Barricade, Mudflap and Skidds, but read in some spoilers who have read the novelization version, the twin robots were killed in a battle, but in the movie, they got dropped before the production. But its okay, its great to see more robot characters and fun that the twins were replaced by these new Autobot team called the Wreckers, imagine cars with lots of guns popping from the car's body and love to see that other Autobots got new upgrades, but their enemy still operates and got lots of new gimmicks too.

The movie narrates a good story line (for me) and I left my self no longer appreciate the 3D effects and be focus on what's going on and the dramatic changes on every scene will make you react and of course the Bay style of filming won't be gone and if you saw the 1st and 2nd movie, expect the same style and slow motion scenes, and hrmmm its like a copy paste scenario, removing Megan Fox on the picture and replace it with Rosie Huntington-Whitely, I also didn't like the two kinds of soundtrack played that never fits on a scene, the Linkin Park song for the movie played on a particular scene, but the mood on a previous scene were still absorbed by the audience and looking at it with a fast transition started to look like a 30 sec music video. Also I don't like adding a Gregorian choir bgm on the scene during a big explosion. I hope they edit this out when the DVD goes out for commercial release after 6 months. "Kung si Megan Fox nga e sobra dungis dun sa Revenge of the Fallen, dito naman si Rosie sobra linis after nya magsusuot sa nagigibang building."

If I will compile my top 10 best alien invasion theme movie of all time,I will include TRANSFORMERS on my number 1 list and it will beat my favorite movie like the Invasion from Mars, War of the Worlds (classic ver), Independence Day and followed by World Invasion: Battle Los Angeles and Skyline. And you'll get a clue if you add all of the scenarios and theme of each movie you will simply get the same for Transformers:Dark of the Moon.

The movie is so dark and disturbing for my part, Its the 1st time in my Transformers fandom history that this gone too violent for a movie and it might shock some kid fans of they see some horrifying scenes, well its an alien invasion what else can we expect ? get killed or be captured. According to an interview with Shia, he is right after all, this movie is darker than the 1st two movies.

I will stop writing my review, but all I can say is that the movie is a thumbs up for me ( as a big TF fan) and my movie rating will be 4 out of 5 dancing bananas.

Watch the movie in IMAX 3D in SM MOA, the 3D effects are much more better than the regular 3D in other cinemas.

Thanks to Solar-UIP for the press screening invite and its fun to hear from Wilson Teng of Solar to say that we were the 1st person on planet Earth to see the movie 1st...and now..that's so cool. hehheh.

“Transformers 3 : Dark of the Moon” showing on June 29, 2011 in all Philippine cinemas. The movie is released and distributed by United International Pictures through Solar Entertainment Corp.